Dragon's Crypt

Sep 2017 - Oct 2017

A game project made for TDDD23, Design and Programming of Computer Games. It is written in Javascript, using Phaser. Dragon's Crypt was the winner of the LiU Game Award 2017.

Dragon's Crypt is a Zelda-esque puzzle dungeon game where the player explores a crypt in search of the dragon Tarragon. It was made in two months, and I got help from Camelopardia who designed all the monsters.

Links

Preview image
LiU Game Award Medal

Bongo Conga

Jan 2018 - Feb 2018

A game project made for TDDD57, Physical Interaction and Game Programming. It is written in Javascript, using Three.js and a Leap Motion Controller, a sensor device that supports hand and finger motions as input.

Bongo Conga is a rhythm game where the player plays on drums using their hands. The Leap Motion tracks hand movement and displays 3D models of the player's hands in real time. The sound produced upon hitting the drums depends on speed and location of the impact.

Links

Preview image

Build an Engine

Sep 2017 - Oct 2017

An interactive prototype made for TDDD53, Advanced Interaction Design. The course focused on design concepts, interactive design, user experience, prototyping and user testing.

Our mission was to create an interactive prototype for Linköping's Swedish Air Force Museum, teaching the inner workings of an airplane engine. The final prototype consists of a panel with seven engine parts you build with, and a screen above showing the result. I specifically worked on the 3D visualization program, which is written in Javascript, using Phaser.

The project group consisted of me, Caroline, Sebastian and Pontus.

Preview image

Twist Cube

Feb 2017

A twisting cube animation written in Python, using PyOpenGL. After seeing similar animations online, I had to see if I could implement one of my own.

Each line is separated into several smaller chunks, each with a given delay depending on its distance from the surface currently twisting. The orthogonal view does wonders creating an optical illusion.

Preview image

HexaH.E.R.M²

Sep 2015 - Dec 2015

A 6-legged robot made for TSEA29, Construction with Microcomputers.

HexaHERM is a 6-legged robot that is able to walk, rotate and even dance. It is controlled either via bluetooth or by using its five IR distance sensors when walking on its own. The robot was designed during the course Construction with Microcomputers, and our goal was to build a functional robot that can autonomously walk through a maze.

The purpose of the project was to carefully go through each step from idea to product, simulating a real life project with a client, requirement elicitation, design specification, system testing and technical documentation. Our team of six members had 960 hours budgeted over the course of four months: two for planning and designing, and two for implementation and testing.

HexaHERM has definitely been the most fun project I have done so far! It challanged me and my group to tackle various problems within robotics and microcomputing. Creating and maintaining a project of this size has been educating and fun. At the end of the course, there were various competitions between the rivaling robots, and our group scored first place!

The project group consisted of me, Henrik, Hanna, Mattias, Elin, and Robin.

Technical documentation (swedish).

Preview image

Substrate

May 2015

A substrate algorithm written in Python, using Pygame. Algorithm inspired by Jared Tarbell. I had hours of fun experimenting with this!

Moving lines sprout perpendicular to each other, moving straight or in a curve. The result yields intricate city-like structures that get denser with increased exposure time. Colors are applied using a sand painting effect.

Preview image

Tron

Mar 2015 - May 2015

A Tron-game made for TSEA83, Computer Construction. It supports play for up to four players and has ten background songs!

The project was about designing a computer (in VHDL) from the physical hardware up to assembly level. We used an FPGA-computer for this project and designed our own assembly language. 64kB memory!

The project group consisted of me, Henrik and Mattias.

Preview image

Castle Lander

Nov 2014

A Game Jam project written in Python, using Pymunk. The theme for this jam was Castle and Rocket. Castle Lander is a mars-lander type of game where the goal is to carefully land the flying castle on different platforms.

I spent far too much time getting the phyisics library Pymunk to work, but once that was over with the rest was a piece of cake! It was pretty fun getting the particle effects to work.

Credits: Måns (Programming), Raymond (Graphics), Jesper (Music).

Download

Preview image